Training and Professional Memberships
“Never stop learning because life never stops teaching”
My professional training is extensive and ongoing and something that I am proud of. Each family that I help teaches me something new and I understand the importance of learning from every baby and child I am blessed to work with. My training spans the previous 27 years and I aim to update my learning and complete new courses each year.
I have complete the following training courses;
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare, Learning and Development
- Wiltshire Safeguarding Children Board Safeguarding Children
- SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator)
- Introduction to Childminding
- MNT Maternity Nurse Training
- MNT Sleep Training
- MNT Breast Feeding Training
- MNT Care of Multiples
- MNT Children’s Food and Nutrition
- Be Ready to Parent Reflux and Early Allergies
- Be Ready to Parent Breastfeeding
- Millpond Sleep Clinic Training
- Managing Difficult Behaviour
- Working with Children with Special Needs
- Understanding Autism
- Lullaby Trust Sudden Infant Death Prevention Training
- Strep B Training
I undertake my Emergency Paediatric First Aid certificate every three years and hold a clear and current DBS.
I am also a proud member of the following professional associations.